In anticipation of college football season, we have rewritten the playbook for GoGamecocks.com.
In the coming days, we will begin charging a modest membership fee to access a new and improved GoGamecocks.com web site. Memberships will be available for $50 per year (less than 14 cents per day) or $10 per month.
Sign up for the annual membership and enjoy your first week for free so you can experience everything the site has to offer. If youre not completely satisfied, you can opt out within that first week and your annual membership fee will be refunded. Those who subscribe at any frequency to The States printed newspaper will receive free access to the new GoGamecocks website.
Why the change?
Giving you a best-in-class, information-packed experience at GoGamecocks.com takes additional resources that require us to charge a modest membership fee.
Over the past four years, GoGamecocks.com has become the most popular sports site for University of South Carolina fans and the last word on USC sports. No other South Carolina media outlet has more experience or resources devoted to USC sports. We also know that Gamecocks fans are the most passionate in the country, and we know youre eager for more.
We conducted research that provided a clear view on content enhancements youd most like. We are making those improvements in response to your interest and enthusiasm. Since our research also showed you wanted the forums to remain free, they will.
GoGamecocks.com will provide more USC sports coverage than ever. That includes more reporting, photography and videos from The States award-winning journalists the same professionals who brought you unmatched coverage of USCs baseball national championship in Omaha and victory celebration in Columbia.
GoGamecocks.com is kicking off USCs football season with:
* Expanded coverage of recruiting and top prospects, including interviews, profiles and performance reports on players who have committed or who are on USC coaches radar.
* Contests to win game-day tickets, parking and more.
* More breaking news and alerts delivered to the media device of your choice.
* More recruiting coverage from respected authority Phil Kornblut.
* More website features and an easier-to-use design.
* More updates and scouting reports on opponents and rivals in the SEC.
* Daily breakdowns of stats and numbers.
* A daily look back featuring historic moments in Gamecocks sports history.
* Stories and photos from The States archive.
* More photography, videos and interviews with the players from team practices.
The new college football season is fast approaching. Become a GoGamecocks.com member so you can get the most authoritative coverage and rule the roost.
-- Sincerely, Henry B. Haitz III
President and Publisher, The State Media Company