Telephone book recycling is back. As the new 2012 phone books are being delivered, Keep the Midlands Beautiful encourages Midlands residents to bring last years phone books to any of the 23 Midlands-area drop-off sites listed between Wednesday and March 31. Sites are open 24 hours unless otherwise noted.
• A Recycling Center 1009 Fontaine Road, Columbia
• City of Cayce Public Safety Department 1800 12th St. Extension, Cayce
• Blythewood Recycling Drop Off Facility 311 Blythewood Road, Blythewood
• Clemson Sandhill Research and Education Center Clemson Road across from the entrance to First Citizens and Regent Banks at the Village at Sandhilll
• Forest Acres Recycling Facility 3004 Robert Springs Road, Forest Acres
• Fort Jackson Recycling Center 5671 Lee Road, off Imboden Road. Enter the fort through Forest Drive entrance; be prepared to show valid drivers license, proof of insurance and current auto registration. (7 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays)
• Harbison Sams Club 350 Harbison Blvd., Columbia
• Lexington County Collection and Recycling Centers all 11 locations. Go to http://www.lex-co.com/collection.html for the closest Lexington location: (7 a.m.-7 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays; 3-7 p.m. Sundays)
• Lower Richland Recycling Drop-off Center 10531 Garners Ferry Road (8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays; 12:30-5:30 p.m. Sundays)
• Richland County C&D Landfill 1070 Caughman Road, North Columbia (7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays; 7 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays)
• Richland County Public Works 400 Powell Road, Columbia (7 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays)
• S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) 2600 Bull St.
• University of South Carolina parking lot at Gadsden and Greene streets
For more information, call (803) 733-1139 or visit www.keepthemidlandsbeautiful.org