View a live webcam of Folly Beach at the end of this story.
The Midlands are expected to dodge most of the effects of Tropical storm Beryl over the next few days.
On Monday, the chance of the rain is 40 percent, said National Weather Service forecaster David Schuetrum.
We could have some showers and possibly a thunderstorm, said Schuetrum. He is based at Columbia Metropolitan Airport.
Winds will average 5-10 mph, with gusts up to 20 mph, with highs in the middle 80s, he said. There will be little chance of any harmful spinoff weather, such as a tornado, he said.
On Tuesday, the chance of rain from Beryl will be 40 percent in the morning, but by afternoon, the chance of rain will rise to 60 percent.
Chance of rain will go down to 50 percent Tuesday night, he said.
By late Wednesday, things will be back to normal with only a 20 percent or so chance of rain.
By the end of the week, the chance of rain will increase somewhat, but that wont be due to Beryl, he said.
Late Sunday, Beryl continued to increase in strength and was 75 miles east of Jacksonville, Fla., with sustained winds up to 70 mph.
A tropical storm warning was in effect up to Edisto Beach.
Along the South Carolina coast, predictions were for inland flooding, with tides 1-2 feet above normal high tide.
Live Folly Beach web cam
Reach Monk at (803) 771-8344.