1. With a razor-thin lead in several national polls and ties in others can President Barack Obama hold on to win re-election?
2. For GOP challenger Mitt Romney, a quest for the presidency that started more than four years ago ends today win or lose.
3. Will Democrats hold on to control of the U.S. Senate? And will Democrats cut into the GOP majority in the U.S. House?
4. The informal coalition of moderate Republicans and Democrats that controls the S.C. Senate could fall in todays elections. Who will control the Senate in January?
5. Are Richland County voters willing to pay higher taxes for the next 22 years for roads, bus service and other improvements?
6. In Richland 2, the Midlands largest school district, the school board election is a referendum on Superintendent Katie Brochus administration.