EASTOVER, SC — A house fire in Eastover Friday morning displaced three people and caused about $50,000 in damages, according to the Columbia-Richland Fire Department.
The fire broke out in the fireplace or chimney of the home on Hallwood Road about 7 a.m., according to the department. Its the second fire in as many days that started in a homes chimney. An Irmo home Thursday sustained minor damage after buildup in a chimney caught fire.
The Columbia-Richland Fire Department urges homeowners to inspect and clean their fireplaces yearly to prevent the oily, combustible wood buildup that lead to fires.