RICHLAND COUNTY, SC — Firefighters saved two children from a burning northeast Richland County home Tuesday afternoon.
Units responded to the 112 Deer Pass Way home about 4 p.m., Columbia-Richland Fire Department spokesman Brick Lewis said. While on their way, firefighters learned that children were trapped on the home’s second floor and their mother couldn’t get them out of the house.
Firefighters found two children in an upstairs bedroom and pulled them from the home. The mother was able to get her other two children out of the house, Lewis said.
The children and their mother were all taken to Palmetto Health Richland.
A preliminary investigation concluded the fire developed from unattended cooking in the kitchen, Lewis said. Damage was estmated at $20,000.