• Franklin’s Luke Kennard had a big day for the Wildcats in their 67-61 win over Myrtle Beach. Kennard recorded a double-double with 33 points and 14 rebounds with both being game-highs.
• Christ Presbyterian (Tenn.) and Orem (Utah) combined to score 77 points in the second half of the first game of the day. To put that into perspective, Rufus King (Wis.) and Bishop O’Connell (Va.) combined to score 77 total points in their game.
• For the second day in a row, a Bishop Gorman (Nev.) Gael made a spectacular dunk. This time it was 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman, who rebounded a missed Rashad Muhammad jumper and slammed it home midway through the first half.
Game of the day
• Hudson Catholic (N.J.) was down seven at halftime to Wheeler (Ga.). The Hawks took advantage of 29 turnovers and some clutch 3-pointers from Reggie Cameron to rally for a 50-42 win.
On the horizon
• The semifinals are set with Bishop O’Connell (Va.) playing Hudson Catholic (N.J.) at 7 p.m. on Saturday, then Scott County (Ky.) and Bishop Gorman (Nev.)/Whitney Young (Ill.) will follow for the nightcap.
By Nate Cobler, email@example.com