UPDATE: Unsecured candle caused Spring Valley home fire

kdavis@thestate.comFebruary 14, 2013 

Columbia-Richland County Fire Department crews work on a fire on Bermuda Hills Road in Spring Valley. The department was called to the scene around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.

BRICK LEWIS — Columbia-Richland County Fire Department

— Five family members were displaced when a Spring Valley home burned Wednesday morning.

An investigation has determined that an 'unsecured candle ignited nearby furniture' and other items, Columbia-Richland Fire Department spokesman Brick Lewis said.

The fire at 2200 Bermuda Hills Road caused an estimated $320,000 in damages, Lewis said.

No injuries were reported from the blaze.

--- Kelly Davis and Rachael Myers Lowe

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service