UPDATE: Fire destroys home in Springwood Lake, unattended space heater blamed

February 19, 2013 

 

BRICK LEWIS — Columbia-Richland Fire Department

UPDATE: An investigation by the Richland County Fire Marshall has determined that an unattended space heater sparked the fire that destroyed a $250,000 house near Springwood Lake.

Fire raced through the home at 3711 Edgewater Drive late Tuesday night.

The call came in to the Columbia-Richland Fire Department shortly before 10:30 p.m., department spokesman Brick Lewis said.

“The house was fully involved when we arrived,” Lewis said. “It’s a complete loss.”

Rachael Myers Lowe

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service