JAMES ISLAND — McKenzie Coble hit a two-run double to knock in the game winning run in the top of the sixth inning as the Seahawks advanced in the playoffs with a 6-4 victory over James Island.
Angel Hatzidakia (10-12) earned the victory. Morgan Compton went 2-for-4 with an RBI, and Mary Painter went 1-for-2 with a triple.
Myrtle Beach will face the loser of Hartsville/Midland Valley.
• W–Angel Hatzidakis (10-12). L–Kelly. Top hitters – Myrtle Beach: McKenzie Coble 2-4, run, 2B, 2 RBIs, Morgan Compton 2-4, RBI, Mary Painter 1-2 3B. James Island: Pillman 2-2, 2 runs, Marron 1-2, run, RBI.
Records – Myrtle Beach 10-13
High school baseball
• Green Sea Floyds 13, (at) Military Magnet 3 (5) | Austin Faulk was 3-for-3 with three runs scored as the Trojans got the win in five innings. Green Sea will play East Clarendon today at 5:30 p.m. for District 7 championship.
• W–Seth Milligan (5-0). L–Mouldric. Top hitters – Green Sea Floyds: Austin Faulk 3-3, 3 runs, Matt Milligan 3-3, 3 RBIs.
Records – Green Sea Floyds 10-10
High school girls soccer
• Myrtle Beach 7, (at) Georgetown 0 | Mary Beth Hervig and Temperance Russell had a goal and an assist each as the Seahawks goth the shutout over the Bulldogs.
Goals – MB: Mary Beth Hervig, Tori Zeltner, Cassidy Posma, Temperance Russell, Bailey Richard, Shakiyra Peeples, Megan Hollenbaek
Goalkeepers – MB: Jessica Deforge (1).
Records – Myrtle Beach 10-3
High school softball
St. James 4, (at) Berkeley 2 | Trailing 2-1 entering the seventh inning, Hannah Price hit a three-run home run, and the Sharks held on the for the victory in the loser’s bracket of the Class AAA, District VIII playoffs. The Sharks will not play at Swansea on Wednesday. The winner of that game will travel to Darlington Friday in the district finals.
• West Florence 4, (at) Carolina Forest 1 | Riley Lynch scored the Panthers’ lone goal, but the Knight came out on top with the win.
Goals – CF: Riley Lynch .
High school boys soccer
• West Florence 5, (at) Carolina Forest 4 (PK) | The Panthers stayed with the Knights until the end, but West Florence took the victory in penalty kicks.
Goals – CF: Kevin O'Meara, Ian McIlrath, Sebastian Perez, Fransico Barrios.
High school golf
• St. James 310, Myrtle Beach 313, Socastee 322, North Myrtle Beach 324, Georgetown 325, Wilson 391 | The Sharks took a slight lead over the Seahawks on day one in the Region VIII-AAA tournament.
St. James 310 – Ryan Crum 76, Alan Crum 78, Lylie Ciardi 78, Carson Kenley 78.
Myrtle Beach 313 – Mark Caravan 74, Michael Leftis 79, Kohler Caravan 78, John Gooden 82.
Socastee 322 – David Dadleck 77, Jeb Bennett 78, Michael Dadleck 83, Zach Hickman 84.
North Myrtle Beach 324 – Vijay Mishra 80, Shaun Markarian 79, Matthew Leonard 82, Daniel Graves 83.
Georgetown 325 – Evan Runion 73, Carter Weaver 80, Will Marlowe 84, Doc Young 88.
Course – Country Club of South Carolina. Par – 72.