MYRTLE BEACH, SC — A North Carolina man was jailed in Horry County after officers took him into custody and charged him in the sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl, who was believed to have been kidnapped from Franklin County, NC, and is pregnant, according to authorities.
Jose Jesus Cecena-Martinez, 47, of Louisburg, NC, was booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center at 12:49 a.m. Sunday and charged with second degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor between the ages of 11 and 14, according to jail records.
Cecena-Martinez is being held pending a bond hearing.
Horry County police were contacted by the Franklin County Sheriff's Office about a 14-year-old girl who had been kidnapped and was believed to be in Horry County, according to the report.
NC deputies told local authorities that a cellphone had showed the girl and Cecena-Martinez were somewhere along Price Park Lane, which is off of Old Reaves Ferry Road in the Conway area.
Officers went to a home at 3375 Price Park Lane. Officers found Cecena-Martinez and the girl in a rear bedroom. The victim told police she is in love with Cecena-Martinez and she is about four months pregnant with his child, according to the report.
Officers learned Cecena-Martinez and the victim had sex while staying at the home in Horry County. Officers also learned that Cecena-Martinez sold his pickup truck and a gun to get money so he and the victim could go to Mexico, according to the report.
Horry County police held the victim at a police precinct until her family could arrive to get her.
Officers also forwarded information about Cecena-Martinez and the victim to the Franklin County Sheriff's office, where deputies planned to charge Cecena-Martinez there as well, according to the report. No other details were listed in the police report.