6-2/190, West Columbia (Airport High)
1. He led Airport to a 30-6 record as the starting quarterback, graduating with more than 7,500 total offensive yards and 85 touchdowns on his Eagles resume.
2. As a senior at Airport, he was 163-for-258 passing for 2,195 yards, 26 touchdowns and just four interceptions while running for 1,122 yards and 16 scores.
3. He started the final two games of the 2011 season at Newberry after redshirting in 2010, and became the Wolves No. 1 QB in 2012 – passing for 2,334 yards and 20 touchdowns with only eight interceptions in 322 attempts.
4. His debut season was one of the best statistically by any Newberry quarterback in history. He had the third highest single-season totals in completions (196), attempts and yards and his 20 scoring passes rank fourth on the all-time list.
5. He has a chance to make a run at some of the Newberry career passing records compiled by another Midlands product – Pelion’s Josh Stepp, the current coach at Lexington High.