14 treated after chemicals mixed in Myrtle Beach hotel pool

September 24, 2013 

bubbles in water

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) – Fourteen people with breathing complaints have been treated and released from the hospital after pool chemicals were accidently mixed at a Myrtle Beach hotel.

Police say The Landmark Resort pool was evacuated Monday evening when the chemicals were mixed in the pool maintenance area.

Authorities report that one of those treated at the hospital was a hotel employee, the others were guests.

The pool area was evacuated for about 90 minutes while emergency crews responded.

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service