RICHLAND COUNTY, SC — Richland County deputies have made an arrest in connection with a string of burglaries over four months on Two Notch Road.
Rondy Spann, 42, is charged with eight counts of burglary and one count of grand larceny, according to a Richland County sheriff’s department news release. He hit at least one business twice, the agency said.
He was arrested Monday at Parklane and Farrow roads by a deputy patrolling the area because of recent break-ins, the news release said.
Spann was identified from DNA collected Oct. 1 by the sheriff’s forensics unit collected at a crime scene at The UPS Office on Two Notch Road, the release said. When he was arrested later for trespassing on railroad property, near Two Notch Road and Windsor Lake Boulevard, his DNA was compared to evidence collected at the crime scene, Sgt. Curtis Wilson said. That allowed deputies to make the second arrest Monday, he said.
Sheriff Leon Lott said Spann is accused in several incidents along or near Two Notch Road between July and October including:
• July 14 – $500 in damages to a business, Details Count
• July 14 – $1,000 in damages to Carmen’s Salon. Spann also is charged with stealing a checkbook at the business
• July 29 – $300 in damages to Mill Creek Pet Food Center and stealing $15 in change
• Aug. 4 – $500 in damages to Carmen’s Salon
• Sept. 27 – $600 in damages to City Nails and Facial
• Oct. 1 – $5,100 in stolen items, including money and stamps, and damages to business at The Office UPS
• Oct. 1 – $1,470 in merchandise and damages to Kiki’s Chicken and Waffles on Columbia Drive
• Oct. 2 – $1,900 in merchandise and damages to Electra Services