UPDATED: Electrical short causes Columbia house fire Thursday morning

jmonk@thestate.comNovember 14, 2013 

COLUMBIA FIRE DEPARTMENT

— An electrical short is the official cause of an early morning fire in which eight persons lost their home, Columbia fire department spokesman Brick Lewis said Thursday.

No one was injured in the fire, Lewis said.

The house is located at 3502 Maybank St., which is near the intersection of Beltline Boulevard and Two Notch Road.

Firefighters got the call at 7 a.m.

Reach Monk at (803) 771-8344.

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service