Gas explosion in West Columbia injures one

akflanagan@thestate.comNovember 19, 2013 


— A propane gas explosion at the Jasmine Store at 103 North 12th St. in West Columbia Tuesday left one person injured.

According to West Columbia Fire Department Captain Thomas Carson, firefighters received the alarm at 10:49 a.m. and arrived on the scene at 10:50 a.m.

“At this time we are not exactly sure of what happened,” Carson said. “The fire was under control upon our arrival; it had been distinguished by the occupant.”

Carson also said Lexington EMS was on the scene providing patient care, but he did not know the condition of the person injured.

The fire is still under investigation by the West Columbia Fire Department.

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service