Homeowner injured in house fire released from burn center

cwinston@thestate.comNovember 27, 2013 

— A Lugoff homeowner burned in a Saturday house fire has been treated and released from the Augusta Burn Center.

The Pepperidge subdivision homeowner was burned on both hands but was able to exit the home safely. The owner was treated at the scene, at Palmetto Richland in Columbia and then in Augusta.

The fire, at the home on Oakridge Drive, caused more than $168,000 in damages and was caused by a wax candle in the living room.

When the Lugoff Fire Department arrived at the scene, there was heavy fire coming from the front door and heavy smoke from both sides of the house.

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service