COLUMBIA, SC — Gov. Nikki Haley will view storm damage and meet with local government officials and utility crews in Aiken and Colleton counties on Friday.
President Barack Obama declared South Carolina a disaster area on Wednesday after the second storm in the past two weeks.
More than 300,000 customers still have no power.
Haley's schedule Friday as released by her office:
• 10:30 a.m.: Visit utility crews at the Aiken Airport
• 11:15 a.m.: Meet with City of Aiken officials at the Aiken Administration and Finance Building
• 1 p.m.: Meet with Colleton County officials and utility crews at Lowcountry Regional Airport in Walterboro
• 2 p.m.: Visit a shelter along at Colleton Middle School in Walterboro
• 2:30 p.m.: Meet with local officials and utility crews at Colleton Middle School in Walterboro