ETV, S.C. newspapers announce debates
South Carolina ETV, in collaboration with seven S.C. newspapers including The State, will host a series of televised debates prior to the June 10 Democratic and Republican primaries.
The debates will be:
• Superintendent of education, Democratic candidates, Thursday, 7 p.m.
• Superintendent of education, Republican candidates, May 27, at 7 p.m.
• U.S. Senate (the unexpired term of former U.S. Sen. Jim DeMint), Democratic candidates, May 29, 7:30 p.m.
• Lieutenant governor, Republican candidates, June 5, 7 p.m.
• U.S. Senate (the seat held by U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham), Republican candidates, June 7, 7 p.m.
“We’re pleased to offer voters the opportunity to hear from the candidates directly in a statewide broadcast,” said ETV president Linda O’Bryon.
The debates can be watched on ETV, Channel 11 for Time Warner Cable customers in Columbia.
In addition, the debates will stream live on scetv.org, thestate.com and other participating newspapers’ websites.
Nearly 20 candidates for the various races are expected to take part in the debates, according to ETV.