Backup generator causes smoke, Palmetto Health Baptist patients relocated

akflanagan@thestate.comJune 27, 2014 

— Patients at Palmetto Health Baptist were relocated to other areas of the hospital Thursday night due to issues following a power outage.

The hospital utilized several backup generator systems to power essential portions of the facility, according to a press release sent Friday morning.

“Although most of the system performed as it does in its routine maintenance checks, there was a problem with part of the system that generated smoke and caused us to have to relocate patients to other areas in the hospital,” the release said.

No patients were in any danger during this time, according to the release.

Power has been restored, and the engineering team is doing a follow-up check of all systems, according to the release.

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service