It’s a night out that promises to be entertaining, sociable and productive.
Devine Night Out is a chance to finish up your holiday shopping list, enjoy cocktails and appetizers – or a full dinner – and see live entertainment. Sales and discounts at shops and restaurants on every block sweeten the deal.
More than 50 stores and restaurants along Devine Street in Columbia will participate in the event from 5-8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 11. A free after-party will be held at Henry’s (2865 Devine St.) from 8-10 p.m. with live entertainment and free food and beverages.
Parking for Devine Night Out is free at Devine Eyes at 2421 Devine St. Guests can travel up and down the thoroughfare on a free trolley.
Never miss a local story.
The shops and restaurants on both sides of the street will offer special deals, as well as festive activities and entertainment. Here is a small sampling:
• 700 Woodrow will offer a gift-wrapping station and an assortment of beverages.
• Bohemian Home will host a wine tasting with hors d’oeuvres for $10, which can be refunded with a purchase.
• USC’s first lady, Patricia Moore-Pastides, will be signing her book, “Greek Revival from the Garden: Growing and Cooking for Life” from 7-8 p.m. at Brittons of Columbia
• Eggs Up Grill of Columbia will donate 20 percent of sales from the evening to Richland Northeast High School’s charity, “Hope 365.” Funds will be used for 250 new toys for Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital, 500 winter wear items for Transitions Homeless Recovery Center and 30,000 non-perishable foods for God’s Storehouse.
• The agents at Home Advantage Realty will host their annual oyster roast and open house from 6-8 p.m.
• Incarnation Lutheran Church will host Weihnachtsfest, a German Christmas festival. Throughout the evening, enjoy authentic German Gluhwein (mulled wine), hot chocolate and cider. Guests are invited inside to see the beautifully decorated church and enjoy the holiday spirit with performances by the Incarnation musicians.
Bridget Winston, Special to The State