With one week left until Christmas, the Congaree Vista Guild has planned a night of last-minute shopping and festive downtown cheer.
Vista Nights, held the third Thursday of each month, will feature holiday music and special retail offers for its December event, held Thursday from 5-8 p.m.
The Carillon Carolers, a Victorian-era quartet who perform in period costume and sing a capella, will perform holiday music on the streets throughout the Vista while visitors shop and dine throughout the evening.
Some of the special sales and events offered by area retailers include:
• Free gift wrap at Carol Saunders Gallery (922 Gervais St.)
• Free red velvet coffee at Cupcake (1213 Lincoln St.) with the purchase of a cupcake
• A display of artwork from the S.C. Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities students and faculty at Vista Studios/Gallery 80808 (808 Lady St.)
• Birds and Other Animals exhibit at if ART Gallery (1223 Lincoln St.) featuring “Running With Crows” by Steven Chapp and “Holding the Songbird” by Diane Kilgore Condon
• A holiday open house and grand opening party at Bella Bridesmaids (911 Lady St.)
Other stores are offering discounts, gift certificates and plenty of unique gifts for everyone on your list.
The Congaree Vista Guild, a nonprofit, membership-based organization made up of a wide variety of restaurant, shop, business and gallery owners, homeowners and museums in the Vista, hosts its monthly Vista Nights to offer later shopping hours at its most popular galleries and retailers on a night when visitors already frequent the neighborhood’s restaurants and bars.
Vista Nights are free and open to the public.
Parking is available in the Vista’s parking garages at 820 Washington Street and at the corner of Senate and Pendleton Streets behind the Hilton.
Bridget Winston, Special to The State