Best sellers list: Jan. 10, 2010
01/10/2010 12:00 AM
01/07/2010 1:07 PM
1. THE LOST SYMBOL, by Dan Brown. (Doubleday, $29.95) Robert Langdon among the Masons.
2. I, ALEX CROSS, by James Patterson. (Little, Brown, $27.99) Tracking the murderer of a relative, Alex Cross discovers a wild Washington scene with explosive secrets.
3. UNDER THE DOME, by Stephen King. (Scribner, $35) When a Maine town is trapped by an invisible force field, a sanctimonious and hypocritical politician takes over.
4. THE HELP, by Kathryn Stockett. (Amy Einhorn/Putnam, $24.95) A young white woman and two black maids in 1960s Mississippi.
5. PIRATE LATITUDES, by Michael Crichton. (Harper/HarperCollins, $27.99) In the 17th-century Caribbean, a British pirate attacks a Spanish galleon; this manuscript was found in Crichton's files after his death in 2008.
6. FORD COUNTY, by John Grisham. (Doubleday, $24) Stories set in rural Mississippi.
7. U IS FOR UNDERTOW, by Sue Grafton. (Putnam, $27.95) Kinsey Millhone investigates the case of a 4-year-old girl who disappeared 21 years earlier.
8. THE LAST SONG, by Nicholas Sparks. (Grand Central, $24.99) A 17-year-old girl spends the summer with her divorced father in North Carolina.
9. THE CHRISTMAS SWEATER, by Glenn Beck with Kevin Balfe and Jason Wright. (Threshold Editions, $19.99) A boy learns from his disappointment with his mother's gift.
10. BREATHLESS, by Dean Koontz. (Bantam, $28) Mysterious animals in the Colorado Rockies set off intrigue and suspense.
1. GOING ROGUE, by Sarah Palin. (Harper/HarperCollins, $28.99)
2. HAVE A LITTLE FAITH, by Mitch Albom. (Hyperion, $23.99)
3. ARGUING WITH IDIOTS, written and edited by Glenn Beck, Kevin Balfe and others. (Mercury Radio Arts/Threshold Editions, $29.99)
4. TRUE COMPASS, by Edward M. Kennedy. (Twelve, $35)
5. OPEN, by Andre Agassi. (Knopf, $28.95)
6. SUPERFREAKONOMICS, by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner. (Morrow/HarperCollins, $29.99)
7. WHAT THE DOG SAW, by Malcolm Gladwell. (Little, Brown, $27.99)
8. STONES INTO SCHOOLS, by Greg Mortenson. (Viking, $26.95)
9. OUTLIERS, by Malcolm Gladwell. (Little, Brown, $27.99)
10. THE IMPERIAL CRUISE, by James Bradley. (Little, Brown, $29.99)
1. DEAR JOHN, by Nicholas Sparks. (Grand Central, $7.99)
2. THE ASSOCIATE, by John Grisham. (Dell, $9.99)
3. THE LOVELY BONES, by Alice Sebold. (Little, Brown, $7.99)
4. CROSS COUNTRY, by James Patterson. (Vision, $9.99)
5. ARCTIC DRIFT, by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler. (Berkley, $9.99)
6. THE ROAD, by Cormac McCarthy. (Vintage, $7.99)
7. 7TH HEAVEN, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. (Vision, $7.99)
8. WORTH THE RISK, by Nora Roberts. (Silhouette, $7.99)
9. DEAD UNTIL DARK, by Charlaine Harris. (Ace, $7.99)
10. THE CHARLEMAGNE PURSUIT, by Steve Berry. (Ballantine, $9.99)
- New York Times News Service
Join the Discussion
The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.