For the second time since the show premiered last year, the Myrtle Manor sign was reported stolen.
The Myrtle Beach-based reality television show is set to begin filming its third season this month, but on Tuesday Barbara Patrick, who owns Patrick’s Mobile Home Park with her husband Cecil Patrick, reported the sign had been stolen.
The sign proclaims the park at 2000 Secondary Highway 15 as home of the TLC show “Welcome to Myrtle Manor.”
Patrick told police the sign was hung out front of the park about 5 a.m. Tuesday and around 11:30 a.m. the same day she noticed a small silver Sport Utility Vehicle parked by it facing the highway, according to the report. The vehicle resembled a Jeep Liberty, she said in the report.
Never miss a local story.
Patrick said about 3 p.m. Tuesday she noticed the sign was gone and the bolts that held the sign had been cut, according to the report. The sign was valued at $250.
On March 5, 2013, Cecil Patrick reported the sign was stolen when chains that held it were cut, according to that police report. That sign was stolen just a couple days after the show premiered.
The second season finale aired March 20 and officials learned filming for the 10-episode third season is set to begin later this month and continue through January.
The park has a souvenir shop and is often visited by fans of the show, which averaged 1.1 million viewers across 10 episodes in the second season, tying its average ratings for season one, according to Nielsen, the company that measures the ratings of television shows.
The show had its highest ratings during the third episode of the second season, which aired Jan. 30, getting about 1.3 million viewers.
About 1.2 million viewers watched the season two premiere on Jan. 16, with viewership dropping slightly to 1.1 million for the second episode that aired Jan. 23.