Zombies will invade The Vista the Saturday before Halloween, but leave your zombie apocalypse survival kit at home.
The (friendly) undead takeover is part of the sixth annual Columbia Zombie Walk at Art Bar.
The walk begins at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, when people will “lumber around The Vista dressed like zombies,” said Ben Boatwright, an assistant manager at Art Bar. The walk will last about an hour.
“Everybody has a blast,” Boatwright said. “Everybody in The Vista honks their horns and seems to enjoy seeing something different.”
After the walk, the party moves into Art Bar for a ghastly good time with bands, costume contests, prizes and drink specials.
P.H.D., AuxiliA, New York Disco Villains, SODA City RIOT and Grüzer will play on the outdoor stage. At midnight, Rock Ransom will play inside Art Bar on the main stage.
For zombie rookies, here are some tips on zombie etiquette, from www.zombiefunnearyou.org:
▪ Stay in character. Move, act and sound like a zombie. That means shambling, shuffling and grunting convincingly.
▪ Remember that zombies do not talk, take photos, or use smartphones. If you want photos, ask a friend who is not participating to take some.
▪ Eating real brains is frowned upon.
▪ Zombies do not drink, smoke, or use bad language around kid zombies. Be as weird and scary as you like, but use common sense.
▪ Do not attack or impede anyone. You may look like an extra on “The Walking Dead,” but you are a still expected to be a polite, respectable person.
The zombie walk is free and for all ages. The after party costs $7 and is for adults ages 21 and older only. Art Bar is at 1211 Park St. www.artbarsc.com