Five questions with Steve Spurrier
03/30/2008 12:01 AM
03/14/2015 10:28 AM
South Carolina football coach Steve Spurrier gives us five things he loves most about sports:
1. For me, football has meant that I can play and coach a sport and really don’t have to work a day of my life.
2. The thrill of competing is always the most fun part of any game that I’ve been fortunate to be a part.
3. The thrill of winning it all. I’ve been fortunate to win two high school state baseball championships (1962, 1963) and one national football championship (1996).
4. The opportunity to build and continue player-coach relationships with so many of my former players is a great part of being involved with sports.
5. The thrill of sharing victory and defeat with my wife, children and grandchildren. Victories are a whole lot more fun to share.
—Cox News Service
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.