Do you know a rising business star in the Midlands who is under the age of 40? Someone who is making a mark with both professional success and community involvement?
Now is your chance to nominate them to be recognized in The State Media Co.’s 20 Under 40 publication that showcases young leaders who are making a difference in the community.
Here’s how: Nominees must primarily conduct business in the 10 counties of the Midlands and be under 40 years old as of Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013. Winners will be notified in early December. Names will not be made public until the 20 Under 40 special section is published on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014.
Advice on nominations:
* You must complete the entire nomination form. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
* Upload documents or reference letters in support of your candidate. You can send up to five Word or pdf documents.
* After submitting the form, follow up with Assistant Business Editor Kristy Rupon (email@example.com) to make sure it was submitted properly.
* Don’t give up just because a nominee has not been selected in previous years. Some 20 Under 40 honorees were nominated several times before they were selected.
* Please include details in your nominations. Avoid just saying a nominee is a “good,” “hard working” or “kind” person. Add examples and anecdotes.
* The Midlands counties where nominees must primarily do business are: Richland, Lexington, Calhoun, Fairfield, Lee, Kershaw, Newberry, Orangeburg, Saluda and Sumter.
Still have questions? E-mail Assistant Business Editor Kristy Rupon at firstname.lastname@example.org.