Does your club or organization think scary thoughts this time of year? Do your members start to turn into monsters?
We hope so because we're looking for some frightening stuff.
Actually, we're looking for anything and everything going on in the fall - scary or otherwise - including church bazaars, fall festivals, carnivals, trick-or-treating, decorating contests, haunted houses and more.
Never miss a local story.
We'll publish a list of events in Neighbors on Thursday, Oct. 22.
SALUTE TO THE MILITARY
Do you have family members in the military who are currently deployed overseas?
We'd like to run their photographs in a special edition of Neighbors on Nov. 12.
The deadline to submit photographs is Wednesday, Nov. 4. Here are the guidelines:
- Military personnel must be currently deployed overseas.
- Include the following information: name, age, rank, branch of service, and where he/she is serving.
- Head-and-shoulders photographs are preferred, though we can crop to that format from a full-frame photograph.
- The family member submitting the photograph must live in Richland, Lexington or Kershaw counties. Include the town or community where you live, as well as a contact phone number.
- Electronic photographs should be in .jpg format and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot download photographs from Web sites.
- Print photographs should be mailed to The State, Neighbors, Attn.: Dawn Kujawa/Military Photos, 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like the photograph returned.