Salute to the military
Do you have family members in the military who are currently deployed overseas?
We'd like to run their photographs in a special edition of Neighbors on Nov. 12.
The deadline to submit photographs is Wednesday, Nov. 4. Here are the guidelines:
Never miss a local story.
- Military personnel must be currently deployed overseas.
- Include the following information: name, age, rank, branch of service, and where he/she is serving.
- Head-and-shoulders photographs are preferred, though we can crop to that format from a full-frame photograph.
- The family member submitting the photograph must live in Richland, Lexington or Kershaw county. Include the town or community where you live, as well as a contact phone number.
- Electronic photographs should be in .jpg format and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot download photographs from Web sites.
- Print photographs should be mailed to The State, Neighbors, Attn.: Dawn Kujawa/Military Photos, 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like the photograph returned.
STUDENT HONOR ROLLS: A SPECIAL EDITION
For the 2009-10 academic year, Neighbors will publish honor rolls quarterly for elementary, middle and high schools students in four special editions of Neighbors.
The first of those editions will publish on Friday, Nov. 27.
Schools: Your deadline to submit honor rolls to The State is Friday, Nov. 13.
Here's the format:
- Students should be identified by first name and last name (in that order).
- The school list should be in Microsoft Word and submitted alphabetically, by last name.
- Please include your school's honor roll criteria.
Schools should e-mail honor rolls to email@example.com.
Questions about the format? Call (803) 771-8560.