KIDS' HOLIDAY DRAWINGS
Thanksgiving is here - and that means the holiday season has officially arrived.
December's holidays are full of great things to draw - Santa and reindeer, starry nights and snowmen, New Year's fireworks, menorahs, manger scenes, angels and more.
So we're inviting K-12 students in Richland, Lexington and Kershaw counties to create their own holiday cards.
Never miss a local story.
We'll showcase some of our favorites in Dec. 24 Neighbors editions.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday, Dec. 10.
Here's what you need to know:
- Please include students' first and last names, grade and school.
- Designs should fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. They may be submitted on paper or electronically, scanned into a .jpg format.
- Send your card electronically, as a .jpg attachment, and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or, send by traditional mail to Neighbors Holiday Cards, Attn.: Dawn Kujawa/Neighbors Editor, The State Media Co., 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201
KIDS' HOPES FOR THE NEW YEAR
Finally, we're inviting K-12 students from Richland, Lexington and Kershaw counties to tell us about their hopes for 2010.
An "A" in algebra?
Winning the lottery?
These writings can be anything from a sentence to a poem.
We'll highlight some of our favorites in Dec. 31 Neighbors editions.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday, Dec. 17.
- Original writings should be 100 words or less. Longer submissions will be edited for space.
- Include student's name, grade and school.
- E-mail submissions to email@example.com, or send by mail to Neighbors New Year, Attn. Dawn Kujawa, The State, 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201.
GET INTO THE SPIRIT WITH HOLIDAY EVENTS
We're planning a special Neighbors edition Dec. 3 to help you plan your holiday calendar of neighborhood and community events .
Specifically, please send us:
- Holiday bazaars, concerts and plays
- Special church, school, library and recreation center programs
- Town treelightings and parades
- Home and neighborhood holiday tours
Deadline for submissions is today.
Stay tuned to Neighbors throughout the holiday season, too, for other details about seasonal events, home holiday light displays and more.
A NOTE TO READERS
A fall photograph of the Columbia skyline published in Nov. 19 editions of Neighbors was taken from U.S. 321.