UPDATE: An investigation by the Richland County Fire Marshall has determined that an unattended space heater sparked the fire that destroyed a $250,000 house near Springwood Lake.
Fire raced through the home at 3711 Edgewater Drive late Tuesday night.
The call came in to the Columbia-Richland Fire Department shortly before 10:30 p.m., department spokesman Brick Lewis said.
“The house was fully involved when we arrived,” Lewis said. “It’s a complete loss.”
Never miss a local story.
Rachael Myers Lowe