Enjoy a healthier version of the traditional pumpkin pie by making these 100-calorie pumpkin pie tartlets. Whether you serve these mini-pies as a fancy dessert at a holiday dinner or keep them for yourself as a fun snack, at only 100 calories you don't have to feel guilty about indulging.
100-calorie pumpkin pie tartlets
16 (2 1/2-inch) foil baking cups
Nonstick cooking spray
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large egg whites
1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
1 can (12 fluid ounces) evaporated fat-free Milk
1 cup fat free whipped topping
12 small gingersnap cookies, broken into 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking cups on baking sheet with sides. Spray each cup with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Spoon 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mixture into each prepared cup.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet for 20 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top each with whipped topping and gingersnap crumbs.
- Courtesy of Libby's
SOURCE: FAMILY FEATURES