Cat rescued from kitchen fire in Forestbrook

03/10/2014 6:20 PM

03/11/2014 6:54 AM

A cat was rescued from a home during a fire Monday, according to a witness.

Horry County Fire Rescue responded to a kitchen fire on Halyard Way about 2:40 p.m., said agency spokesman Brian VanAernem. He said the fire, which was on the stove, was quickly extinguished.

Ramona Nicolae saw the fire. She said the owners of the second story condominium were not home and a cat named Snowflake was rescued by a firefighter.

Entertainment Videos

Join the Discussion

The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service