When Wayback Burgers opens its first Midlands location in the Lexington Square shopping center, it will bring to town its popular nine-pattied hamburger known as the Triple Triple Triple. If you plan to tackle the the tower of beef, here are five fun facts to ponder about the monster burger.
1. 1,780. That's the number of calories in the Triple Triple Triple. To put that in perspective, an adult male needs about 2,500 calories a day to maintain his weight.
2. 108. The number of grams of fat in the monster burger. To those who don't count fat grams, that number may not sound that steep. However, keep in mind that a Big Mac has 33 grams of fat.
3. $18. The burger averages $18 (the price varies depending on location).
4. $3,330. Of course if there is a nine-pattied burger, there is an eating contest to go with it. For 10 years, Wayback Burgers has held an annual Triple Triple Triple competition, awarding the winner a grand prize of $3,330. (Competitors must be at least 16 and sign a liability waiver).
5. 9. The Triple Triple Triple is, in fact, nine beef patties and nine slices of yellow American cheese. For those health conscious diners, don't worry: lettuce and tomato are at the top of the stack.