A new restaurant on Devine Street caught fire, causing it to close for the remainder of the day.
Columbia firefighters extinguished a fire inside of Tallulah restaurant, 2400 Devine St, Friday morning.
The restaurant described it as a “mini fire” and said it would close Friday an reopen Saturday.
Smoke was initially reported in the structure, according to Columbia Fire Department.
Never miss a local story.
First responders blocked off traffic on that section of Devine Street for a short time.
Columbia Fire Department reported the fire was in the vicinity of a hot water heater and “ventilation operations are under way.”
Tallulah officially opened for business Jan. 12.