The South Carolina Department of Transportation announced Wednesday that 12 bridges in the bridges will be replaced within the next year.
The bridges (on the list which follows) will be replaced because of structural deficiencies, SCDOT said. The actual dates when each bridge will be closed will be announced at a future date.
• Kershaw County: Watson St. (S-28-120), Mt. Zion Rd. (S-28-549
• Lee County: Shiver Pond Rd. (S-31-204), Rembert Church Rd. (S-31-37)
• Lexington County: Princeton Rd. (S-32-1287)
• Richland County: Firetower Rd. (S-40-1058) (Bridge 100 & 200)
• Sumter County: East Foxworth Mill Rd. (S-43-105), Tearcoat Bridge Rd. (S-43-255), Westbury Mill Rd. (S-43-290), Dubose Siding Rd. (S-43-44), Bell Rd. (S-43-46)