Officials with the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office announced that investigators have arrested seven suspects connected to a string of burglaries in both Sumter and Lee counties.
Sumter County Sheriff Anthony Dennis and Lee County Sheriff Daniel Simon announced Tuesday that the agencies worked in conjunction to link the suspects to at least 11 burglaries between July and October, including five in Sumter County and six in Lee County.
The seven suspects face a total of 49 charges. Those arrested include:
• Kennan Alonza Georgia, 18, charged with seven charges of criminal conspiracy, eight counts of second degree burglary and one charge of destroying evidence.
Never miss a local story.
• Frankie Lee Durant Jr., 18, charged with two counts of second degree burglary and two counts of criminal conspiracy.
• Tyler David Samuel, 18, charged with three counts of second degree burglary and three counts of criminal conspiracy.
• Andre Tindal, 19, charged including two counts of second degree burglary and two counts of criminal conspiracy.
• Jeremiah Jermaine Brandon Smith Jr., 26, charged with one count each of second degree burglary, criminal conspiracy, accessory after the fact of a felony and destroying evidence.
• Maurice Haynesworth, 17, charged with one count of criminal conspiracy, one count of receiving stolen goods valued at $10,000 or more, one count of destroying evidence and one count of accessory after the fact of a felony.
• Mikah Nelsun Green, 20, charged with six counts of second degree burglary and five counts of criminal conspiracy.
The U.S. Marshal’s Task Force assisted deputies in making the arrests of the seven suspects. All of the suspects are being held at the Sumter-Lee Regional Detention Center.
Some of the property stolen in these incidents have been recovered, according to Dennis.