Large 36-inch water line repair project will cut off water service to many Lexington County water customers on Monday and has prompted the city of West Columba to issue a boil water alert.
Water to the following areas will be cut off from noon until 5pm on Monday, December 22.
• All addresses in the 100, 200, and 300 blocks of Midway Road.
• All addresses on Long Leaf Court.
• All addresses in the Kenwood Subdivision.
• All addresses in the 100 and 200 blocks of Andrew Corley Road
• All addresses in the 1400 block of Highway 6 (N. Lake Drive)
After the water service is restored, customers who lost all or some water pressure in or near the identified areas are advised to vigorously boil any water used for drinking, food preparation or making ice for one full minute before use, until informed otherwise.
Updates on this advisory will be posted on the West Columbia website at www.westcolumbiasc.gov