Unattended cooking was the cause of an early Sunday morning blaze that destroyed a $400,000 home on Lakeshore Drive.
“No one was injured, and the owner wasn’t home,” fire department spokesman Brick Lewis said Sunday.
Dozens of firefighters from seven fire companies worked 12 hours to quell the blaze, which started around 12:30 a.m.
Fighting the fire at the two-story, 2,500 square-foot. house, which is at 6025 Lakeshore Drive, was difficult because the driveway to the house is about 50 yards from the street and overhung by trees that hindered the passage of fire trucks, Lewis said.
Never miss a local story.
Moreover, the yard had a number of old vehicles and motorcycles in it that made fighting the blaze more even more hazardous than usual, he said. The house fronts on Forest Lake, near Forest Lake Country Club.
Kelly Davis contributed.