If you are a customer of the City of West Columbia water service, time to get out the jugs and fill them with water. Monday morning may be too late.
A swath of West Columbia will face the discomfort of no running water during the day on Monday, and maybe Tuesday, too, as new water lines on Rainbow Drive are connected, city officials warned on Friday.
Once water is restored, customers are urged to vigorously boil for 60 seconds before use any water they plan to drink or use for making ice or food preparation until told otherwise.
The disruption of service will occur between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the following customers.
- All addresses on Morningdale Drive
- All addresses on Dalewood Drive
- All addresses on Bensmin Drive
- All addresses on Shampy Street
- 2800 Block of Franklin Street
- 2800 Block of Kirkwood Drive
- 2800 Block of Wilton Road
- 2900 Block of Rainbow Drive
- 2900, 2902, 2903 Sandelwood Lane
Updates on the status of water line work at the City of West Columbia website.