Yes, your water may be clear. But should you drink it?
Columbia still has not lifted its system-wide boil-water advisory as it works to restore water to 350,000 people throughout the city.
Never miss a local story.
Here are some things you need to know about making sure your tap water is safe to use:
▪ Boil water for one full minute before being used for cooking and drinking purposes.
▪ Don’t use any appliances that might require drinkable water like dish washers, ice machines and drinking fountains.
▪ Dispose of any ice that might have been made during the boil water advisory.
▪ Turn on taps to flush out water lines.
▪ Water is still safe to use for showering, shaving and other cleaning purposes.
▪ If used to brush teeth, do not swallow the water unless it has been boiled previously.
▪ Even though water may look clear, it should still be boiled before drinking or cooking with.
Source: City of Columbia