Richland County deputies have offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of an armed robbery suspect wanted for crimes committed in Richland County, the City of Columbia, Lexington County, the City of Sumter and Forest Acres.
The $5,000 reward is being offered in addition to a $1,000 reward offered by Crimestoppers, according to Sheriff Leon Lott.
Lott said law enforcement in each of the areas are working together to identify, locate and arrest the suspect accused of robbing 18 businesses since November 21.
Here is a breakdown of the crimes the suspect is accused of committing:
Never miss a local story.
· Columbia – Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5496 Forest Drive, Suite C, Little Panda Express
· Richland - Friday, November 21, 2014 at 2720 Decker Boulevard, King Wah
· Columbia - Sunday, November 23, 2014 at5424 Forest Drive, Suite 122, Eastern Buffet
· Richland - Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 114 Blythewood Road, Days Inn
· Richland - Monday, November 24, 2014 at 420McNulty Road, China King
· Richland - Monday, November 24, 2014 at2000-3 Clemson Road, Hibachi Grill
· Columbia - Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at3730 N Main Street, Papa John’s Pizza
· Columbia - Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at5424 Forest Drive, Domino’s Pizza
· Richland - Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at7850 Garners Ferry Road, Corner Pantry
· Columbia - Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at4805 Garners Ferry Road, Pop's Pantry
· Sumter - Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 1040 Broad Street, Dollar General
· Sumter - Friday, December 5, 2014 at 1338 Broad Street, Hibbett Sports
· Richland - Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 7362 Two Notch Road, Game Stop
· Richland - Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 9003 Two Notch Road, Suite 12, Lee Nails
· Richland - Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at9221 Two Notch Road, Dollar General
· Richland - Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at8710 Two Notch Road, Best China Hut
· Lexington – Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 536 Saint Andrews Road, Dollar General
· Forest Acres – Friday, December 19, 2014 at3904 Two Notch Road, World Finance
The suspect commits the armed robberies in the early evening hours, which is during the most congested traffic times along major roadways and traffic corridors, Lott said.
At each robbery, the suspect enters the business with his face and hands covered, Lott said. The suspect presents a gun and demands cash.
The suspect has been seen driving different vehicles at each incident, Lott said, including a white four-door sedan, a late model black SUV believed to be a Ford Explorer, and an older model light-gold Chevrolet Suburban.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.