Columbia Police believe the same person (or persons) is responsible for incidents of vandalism Tuesday night that have done an estimated $48,500 in damage to downtown properties and vehicles.
The damage has ranged from the $500 in damage to a Comet bus window at 2000 Harden Street to the $40,000 in damage done to windows at Colliers International located at 1301 Gervais Street, the police said in a news release on Wednesday.
“Victims reported hearing a loud crashing sound and then window glass breaking,” the police said.
Investigators are looking for a white older-model pickup truck with a tool box attached to the truck bed, and a dark marking on the passenger’s side.
Never miss a local story.
The following property addresses were hit within minutes of each other between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday August 22:
- 822 Gervais Street (Hampton Inn) - window damage: $3,000
- 2000 Harden Street - Comet bus window damage: $500
- 1301 Gervais Street (Colliers International)– window damage: $40,000
- 300 Blossom Street – vehicle windshield: $500
- 1200 Main Street - (ABC Columbia) window panel: $2,000
- 1201 Main Street – (Capitol Center) glass door: $2,500
If you have information about these incidents, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC