1. “3 x 5” by John Mayer. I love the message of this song. It’s about experiencing life in person, not trying to capture every moment on camera. Most of the time, pictures can’t do a beautiful moment justice.
2. “Some Nights” by fun. It’s so upbeat and catchy. I love singing the “oh-woah-oh”s at the top of my lungs!
3. “Fix You” by Coldplay. I listen to this song when I’m sad. The lyrics are comforting.
4. “Chant de Paix” by Langlais. This is an organ piece I played for most of my music auditions this year. The title means “Song of Peace,” and that’s just what it sounds like.
5. “White Blank Page” by Mumford and Sons. Harmonizing to this song is a lot of fun, and I love the hemiola.