After a short break, S.C. lawmakers return to the State House today for a quick, wrap-up session, even after the 2017 session officially ended more than a week ago.
The House and Senate have a few outstanding bills to consider during their brief return. That’s apparent in the number of conference committees between the two houses meeting to hammer out bills on the lieutenant governor’s powers, school accountability and, not least, the state’s budget for next year.
A Senate finance committee will also meet Tuesday to discuss how the state can more equitably fund school districts to comply with a state Supreme Court ruling.
Also today at the State House:
Never miss a local story.
▪ 9:30 a.m. Conference Committee on H.3823, Gressette Room 308
▪ 10 a.m. Conference Committee on S.107, Gressette Room 307
▪ 10 a.m. Conference Committee on H.3969, Gressette Room 407
▪ 10 a.m. Senate Finance Committee, Gressette Room 105
▪ (Immediately upon adjournment of the Senate) Finance K-12 Education School Equity Subcommittee, Gressette Room 209
▪ 2:30 p.m. Judicial Merit Selection Commission, State House, 3rd Floor Conference Room