Gov. Nikki Haley's week includes the grand opening of a major economic-development project in the state:
• Tuesday 10 a.m.: Speak at the S.C. Specialty Foods Association Annual Membership Meeting at the S.C. State Farmers Market in West Columbia
• Tuesday, 12:30 p.m.: Visit Alice Drive Middle School in Sumter
• Tuesday, 2 p.m.: Attend grand opening of Continental Tire of the Americas in Sumter
• Thursday, 11:30 a.m.: Participate in a State Guard press conference at the State House
According to her office, Gov. Nikki Haley’s activities last week included:
One each -- Legislative meeting, editorial board call, State of the State address, cabinet employee appreciation luncheon, policy meeting, economic development call and economic development event.
• Busiest days: Thursday and Friday (three activities each)
• Slowest day: Monday (one activity, though it was a state holiday)
Note: Haley visited the Pee Dee on Monday with trips to Hartsville Middle School and Darlington Raceway. She spoke to S.C. State University President Thomas Elzey after a student was shot and killed on campus. Haley addressed the National Restaurant Association in Charleston on Thursday, which was not on her advance schedule.