After spending much of last week dealing with a winter storm that crippled much of the state, Gov. Nikki Haley has a trip of speaking engagements before heading to Washington for a Republican Governors Association's meeting, according a schedule released by her office.
She and other governors also will meet with the president at the White House.
• Tuesday, 12:30 p.m.: Address the Spartanburg Downtown Rotary Club at the The Piedmont Club.
Never miss a local story.
• Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.: Participate in the State of South Carolina Economy town hall event hosted by the Palmetto Conservative Alliance in association with the S.C. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce at the Poinsett Club in Greenville.
• Wednesday, 11:30 a.m.: Speak at the S.C. Automotive Council’s S.C. Automotive Summit at The Hyatt in Greenville.
• Friday-Saturday, Participate in the Republican Governors Association’s Winter Meetings in Washington, D.C.
• Sunday, 6 p.m.: Attend a White House dinner with fellow governors.
• Next Monday, 10 a.m.: Participate in a meeting with President Barack Obama and fellow governors at The White House
Gov. Nikki Haley’s schedule included the following activities last week, according to her office:
• 10 - Emergency Executive Group calls
• 3 (each) - Policy meetings and News conferences
• 1 (each) - Call with another governor, Staff call, Economic development meeting, Leadership Columbia meeting and Bill signing (guns in bars)
Busiest Day: Friday (nine activities)
Slowest Day: Monday (two activities)
NOTE: With the storm, Haley spoke last week to Federal Emergency Management Administrator Craig Fugate, S.C. Adjutant General Robert Livingston and S.C. Department of Natural Resources Director Alvin Taylor. She spoke to Duke Energy chief executive Clark Gillespie twice. The governor visited the S.C. Emergency Operations Center in West Columbia and toured damage in Aiken and Walterboro.