Gov. Nikki started her week at The White House with other governors where she sat next to First Lady Michelle Obama for a dinner on Sunday and attended a meeting with her husband, President Barack Obama, on Monday.
She spoke at a Republican Governors Association news conference after the White House meeting Monday where she expressed concerns about proposed cuts to the National Guard. (Her husband, Michael, is a captain in the S.C. National Guard.)
Her office said Haley's public schedule this week will feature:
• Tuesday, 12:20 p.m.: Address the Rotary of Greenville in Westin Poinsett Hotel
• Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.: Hold a Budget and Control Board meeting on State House grounds
• Wednesday, 12:30 p.m.: Join the S.C. National Guard and S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce for the launch of Operation Palmetto Employment at Sysco in Columbia
Haley’s schedule last week included, her office said:
• Five (each) - Emergency-related calls from the storm and economic-development calls
• Three (each) - Speeches, news conferences and agency calls/meetings
• Two - Legislative meetings
• One (each)- Cabinet employee appreciation luncheon and staff meeting.
Note: On Sunday, Haley met with U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz before attending a dinner with President Barack Obama at The White House.