Senate budget debate stalls on "pornography" and "sexual hangups."
A narrow medical marijuana use could pass this year.
A bill to ban texting while driving statewide gains momentum, 'sparkle' in S.C. Legislature.
Pressure, politics are familiar to the judge ruling in House Speaker Bobby Harrell's ethics case (Charleston Post and Courier)
U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson and Sen. Lindsey Graham are trying to stave off National Guard cuts in S.C. (Greenville News)
Aiken County representatives hit a snag in a sales-tax bill for school construction. (Aiken Standard)
Columbia pastor Det Bowers visited Florence in his bid for U.S. Senate. (Florence Morning News)
Happening today: At 10:45 a.m.: Gov. Haley will participate in the Advocacy Day for Access and Independence Rally, on the Statehouse Grounds north steps. At 3 p.m., Haley will join Adjutant General Robert Livingston in presenting a proclamation declaring May 9 as Military Spouse Appreciation Day, Statehouse, first floor lobby, Columbia. ... Columbia attorney Joe McCulloch is kicking off his campaign with a barbecue fundraiser hosted in part by attorneys Matthew Richardson, who ran in 2010 for S.C. Attorney General, and Jack Swerling. (5:30-7:30 p.m., 1426 Richland Street)
State House today
Full body meets at 10 a.m.• 9 a.m.: Labor, Commerce and Industry Committee (Gressette Room 308 / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Judiciary Subcommittee on S.773 and S.788 (Gressette Room 207 / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Conference Committee on H.3198: (State House, 3rd Floor Conference Room / Agenda ))
Full body meets at 10 a.m.• 8:30 a.m.: Agriculture Environmental Affairs I Subcommittee (Blatt Room 410 / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs Committee (Blatt Room 410 / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Conference Committee on H.3198 (State House, 3rd Floor Conference Room / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Ways and Means K-16 Building Need and Utilization Study Committee (Blatt Room 521 / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Judiciary Constitutional Laws Subcommittee (Blatt Room 511 / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: 3-M Subcommittee VI, Other Occupational Regulation and Licensing Boards (Blatt Room 427 / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Judiciary Special Laws Subcommittee (Blatt Room 515-A / Agenda )
• 9 a.m.: Judiciary Criminal Laws Subcommittee (Blatt Room 516 / Agenda )
• 9:30 a.m.: Ways and Means Sales and Income Tax Subcommittee (Blatt Room 523 / Agenda )
Get the newsletters : Sign up for the Morning Buzz and afternoon update
Got a tip? : Send us an email