Some of the leaders from former lieutenant governor candidate Pat McKinney’s campaign announced their support for Henry McMaster on Friday.
Those people included:
• Former S.C. governor James Edwards
• Former U.S. congressman John Napier
• Billy Wilkins, former Chief Judge US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
• BB&T South Carolina regional president Mike Brenan
• Butch Bowers, Bowers Law Office
• Leighton Lord, Nexsen Pruet
• AgriBusiness Council executive director Cathy Novinger
"Henry McMaster has served our party, our State and our nation exceptionally well as US Attorney under President Ronald Reagan, Chair of the Republican Party for nine years, and as SC Attorney General,” Edwards, who chaired McKinney’s campaign, said in a news release from McMaster’s campaign. “We enthusiastically endorse his candidacy for Lt. Governor."
McMaster said in the release he was thrilled to receive the strong support of Gov. Edwards and so many South Carolina leaders.
“Our team continues to grow stronger every day. This campaign represents an important choice. I am ready to work with Governor Haley to create jobs, reform the ethics laws, cut taxes and ensure that seniors are safe, secure and happy in their homes."
McMaster will face Republican candidate Mike Campbell in the June 24 runoff to decide who will face Democratic state Rep. Bakari Sellers of Bamberg in November.